- cswebdesignAsked on September 13, 2012 at 03:50 PM
I built my website with a mac using a jotform contact form on every page. It looked fine and then I realised it was completely diferent on a PC - fields didnt line up, it was just a mess.
I edited the jotform using a PC so that it looked right again and now I come back to the MAC and its all messed up on there!! The spacing is hugely different.... Is there anyway to rectify this?
The website is www.sunshinecoastplumber.net.au and the contact form is on every page.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 03:58 PM
First off, can you please re-embed your form using the following codes?
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="width:336px; height:430px; border:none;" src="//www.jotformpro.com/form/22540605003943" allowtransparency="true">
Afterwards, check the form's appearance on a PC and a Mac, then get back to us if there are differences.
We look forward to your results. Thanks!
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Yes it's still different I'm afraid :(
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Are you using the same browsers for both platforms (Mac/PC)? Which browser/s are you using?
Would be great if you can post a screenshot of how it appears on a Mac (I am a PC user, unfortunately).
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:09 PM
And it looks different again on mobile phone... I got the fields to be the same length on the PC and MAC but the submit button is gone on the MAC because the spacing between the questions is bigger on the mac than pc. if I make the spacing smaller it doesnt look right on the pc.
On mobile phone the text box fields are waaaay longer than the text area field and the submit button is not visable.
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:14 PM
This is how it appears on mobile (sorry I dont know how to do screenshot on my phone lol)
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Its not working... how do I upload?
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:20 PM
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:21 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 04:30 PM
Sorry for the delay. I am currently investigating the problem.
I will get back to you soon, hopefully with a fix.
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 13, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Ok thank you
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Any luck yet? Sorry, really need this fixed for my client. Thanks
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I am also looking at the screengrab you provided, and I can tell the difference of how the Name and Email fields appear on both.
Can you please try adding in your form CSS code, specifically for the .textbox class the "width : 100%;"
I could not try it on your web page, so, I am not sure how it will behave, But I did tried it on some test page, it seems to work.
Please inform us if this still does not work.
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 01:12 AM
Still bad I'm afraid... the wrost thing is the fact that its so different between mac and PC. If I make it look ok on the PC its looks wrong on the mac and the submit button isnt even visible. If I make it look right on the mac it looks terrible on the PC... And the mobile version is just totally messed up!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 01:35 AM
OK. sorry for that. I will try check further. If we can also wait for NeilVicente's input, that is an option we can take. He is more experience on this, maybe he can have a viable solution.
I will also post update whatever I come up with.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 01:47 AM
Can you please share with us which Mac browser and mobile device you had tried this so far.
I just checked it now that. you have added the width: 100% rule.., it seems to be fine on OS X and Iphone 4S.
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 04:07 AM
Hi, I'm using Safari and Android Samsung Galaxy Note. Cheers :)
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Any luck yet? My client has now told me that the submit button is hidden under the content below the form when viewed on iphone. please help me fix this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM
You are correct, I could not also see it on desktop Chrome. Usually this is cause by script conflict between what is in your web page and jotform's
Will it be OK if you use the iframe code embed of the form when embedding on your website?
Btw, I already tested the form on Safari and Android Samsung Galaxy you mentioned. Here are the screens
Please update us if iframe code should work.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I just realized, you were already using iframe code which was mentioned previously...sorry for repeating.
It could be that the iframe height does not fit within the <div tag... if you can find way to check this on your web page for confirmation.
Please update us.
- cswebdesignAnswered on September 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Seems all fine on my end... I mean see how the rows differ in width between those 2 screenshots? I can edit the site and move the 3 below buttons down so that the submit button is visible on mac and iphone but then it will look wrong on the pc....
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 15, 2012 at 01:19 AM
- davionclayAnswered on September 12, 2013 at 09:54 PM
- JotForm SupportTashaAnswered on September 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Your message came in blank. If you would like us to provide assistance please start a new thread with your question and we will provide the assistance that you need there.