- liveaboardAsked on September 14, 2012 at 06:57 PM
When I go to my submissions page it always says that there's one new submission, event when I've opened ALL of them and downloaded or printed them. It's driving me crazy because I keep thinking I've missed something... and my customers would freak if I did! Why is it doing that? Thanks! Chris
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 14, 2012 at 07:16 PM
This is a lingering cache glitch on the browser.
You can clear this by
1. Go to My Forms
2. Select the form (2012 Application - USS Hornet...)
3. Click on the "More" button
4. Then, in the dropdown context, click on "Mark All as Read" option.
The form submissions is fine, that "1 new" display is just a glitch. You will be able to recognize in the form submissions if there is new submission because the little 'envelope' icon on the left most of the submissions is still closed when the particular row/submission is still not read.
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- liveaboardAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 01:21 PMAwesome help!
Thank you for supporting the USS Hornet!
Pier 3, Alameda Point
Post Office Box 460
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 521-8448 x 242
(510) 521-8327 Fax