- ProfitStrategistAsked on November 20, 2017 at 03:52 PM
Hello. I just tested my form. Payment when through fine but I did not get the Thank You page. How do I get the thank you page to show? Please take a look:
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on November 20, 2017 at 05:25 PM
I have cloned your form and tested it on sandbox mode. To view your Thank You page, after the payment you need to click the "Return to Merchant" button so you will see your Thank You page.
To do this automatically, you need to update your paypal's Website Preferences.
1. Login to your Paypal account and go to your "Profile and Settings"
2. Click "Selling Tools"
3. Click "Update" on "Website preferences"
Then turn ON the "Auto Return"
- ProfitStrategistAnswered on November 20, 2017 at 06:32 PM
Thank you for your very clear response - I truly appreciate it. On last question: PayPal is asking for the "return URL". Would that be the same as the direct form link?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 20, 2017 at 09:12 PM
If you set the Auto Return to "ON", then the user will be redirected to the Thank You Page after completing the payment.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- ProfitStrategistAnswered on November 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM
No, this is not correct. PayPal will not let auto Return to be "ON" unless a Return URL is entered. Evidently Jotform no longer will show a thank you page under the customer clicks on Return to Merchant. This is not a good thing. Unless I am wrong and my very initial question was answered incorrectly. All I asked is what URL do I use to have the thank you page show after submitting.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 21, 2017 at 04:10 AM
Unfortunately, there is no direct URL which you can use for your JotForm thank you page. I would suggest to create your custom Thank you page URL instead and use that as your return URL for your Paypal, as well as your thank you URL for your form.
You can check out this guide to know more about setting up thank you URLs for your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/38-Redirecting-Users-to-a-Different-Page