- withoutpretendAsked on November 22, 2017 at 12:30 PM
We set up an autoresponder to be sent at a "later date", but that date is today and nothing has been sent out. Any help would be much appreciated!!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 01:14 PM
I'm not sure what could be the cause of this issue, so I will have to test this feature further.
I will get back to you with my findings.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 01:27 PM
I saw on another help thread that the autoresponders can be sent at 'any hour' on the date we selected - is that true? I just want to confirm that they will be sent today at some point.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 02:21 PM
I tested the send later feature and it seems to be working. May I ask what is the email you enter as the recipient for the autoresponder?
Note that you need to submit the form for it to work.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 02:58 PM
Hi Aubrey -
It's different for each submission - we set the autoresponder to send to one of the emails inputted into the form. (see screenshot below)
The form has been submitted many times, and we have all the data that is waiting to be "sent" in our Submissions. We have also tested this autoresponder many times and it always got delivered based on what we set up, but we weren't able to test the "send later" feature until now.
I think the question I have is that we weren't able to choose what time of day to "send later", just the date itself. Do you know what time emails are normally sent on the date selected? It's 3PM EST, so I'm not sure at what time on November 22nd they will be sent. Just wanted to double check they will be sent at some point today.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:06 PM
If you choose the 22nd ( which is today ) the autoresponder should send immediately.
May I suggest you check your email history to see if it was sent already. If so then its possible the mails are not being received.
I see there was two emails sent today.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:35 PM
I checked your form and I see it has been disabled. When did you disable the form? That could be the reason.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:37 PM
It was disabled today because we didn't want anyone new to submit to it, but we still wanted the emails to be sent. Would disabling it affect the emails being sent?
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:39 PM
To clarify: we basically want all the submissions sent within the last few weeks to send their autoresponder today, but we don't want anyone new to be able to submit to the form today or from now on.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:44 PM
If your form is disabled it cannot send emails.
If you don't want anyone to submit your form you can hide/delete the submit button and keep the form active.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 03:48 PM
Ohhhh okay. That makes a lot of sense. I have re-enabled the form and deleted the submit button.
Do you know how long it may take to send the auto-responders now? It is still set to today to send them, but they haven't been sent out. I'm assuming now that it's re-enabled, it'll send within a few hours (whenever the system checks?) but if you could confirm that would be awesome.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 04:01 PM
I'm not sure when they will be sent today. Or if we have already missed out. Its possible that they tried to send today and failed. I just don't know if it will try send them again. There's a possibility they wont.
May I suggest you keep an eye on them today. They will show in your email history if they go through. And if they don't send by tomorrow get straight back to us to discuss what other options we have. It should be possible to manually send them.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 04:23 PM
Okay thanks for the information. Is it possible for you to push sending the emails today? I think you're right that maybe the system won't try to send them again and it's a bit time-sensitive. Or can you let me know what the other options might be?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 04:49 PM
Ok, we can try opening your submissions in edit mode and resubmitting them one by one.
1. First we need to change the "send emails later" to "right away".
2. You have already sent out the first autoresponder. So we can delete it.
3. Add the submit button again. We need it for the next step. You can disable the form once we finish.
4. Then go to your submissions page and press edit (top right corner). Then submit the form once again.
5. You need to select the next submission with the green arrow. And resubmit all your submissions like this one by one.
6. Check your email history again. It should have all your sent emails recorded.
7. Disable your form.
- withoutpretendAnswered on November 22, 2017 at 05:04 PM
Hi Aubrey -
Thank you so much for your help. Turns out, when I set the Autoresponder to send 'Right Away', it sent out all the old emails too. So I ended up sending them twice, since I also went through the process you described. No problem! I'm glad they're sent. Thank you so much for your help.