- creliaborisAsked on November 22, 2017 at 11:48 PM
I have a form where in the first few lines I'm asking for an email, but it's an email through the widget that verifies email addresses (sends a code, then lets you proceed upon entering that code). What it does not do is make it easy to prevent yahoo, gmail, and other freemails from proceeding (something that the standard email field DOES do, but then the standard one doesn't do the verification of email). Anyway, I've decided I want the verification step, and my workaround for not allowing proceeding upon free-mail accounts is as follows:
1) hidden text field that says "sorry, can't accept freemails" (basically). Appears if the returned validation email field becomes populated with '@yahoo', '@gmail', and so on. This is necessary because until the code is fed back to the widget, the field is not technically considered as filled (it's in this 'loop' mode of verification). Furthermore, once verified, it is not able to be changed. It's just pasted on screen. So once it comes back, I can take action on "if email field contains this stuff"
2) upon this trigger of freemail being the email account, the rest of the page becomes hidden.
3) upon this trigger, the apology appears, the rest of the page disappears, and also appears a radio-button select for "do you want to reset the form and try again" (giving them the chance to do a non-free version
- now I'm stuck figuring out the best way to get the form cleared, or have the user sent to the form's url, so it clears itself. what's the best way to go about this? I thought it was some action upon their selecting "yes" to the question "do you want to reset the form...", but I can't figure out what that condition rule should be. Reminder that this is the transition between first page and second, so there's no 'back button', the 'clear form' option of the submit button is not there, etc. I'm a little stuck.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 23, 2017 at 02:20 AM
You could insert a link with Text field:
For example like this:
Where URL is the URL of the form.
When you add such link, you should edit the source code:
And remove ' ':
So the form will open on the same page.
You can check this test form: https://form.jotform.com/73261332251951
Let us know how that worked for you.