In my form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/22575118390959
Some of the images are not displayed in Explorer 8 or in Safari on my iPhone. They work just fine in Chrome. These images are hosted by photobucket. Their URLs are:
Can you help me fix this??
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I've also tried uploading the .jpg files and that doesn't work either.
- pinoytechAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused. Is your form already embedded in to your website?
Looking forward hearing from you for further assistance.
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
It is on my Facebook page and I have emailed the link to the group who will be ordering from me.
- pinoytechAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Would you mind if we ask you to provide us your facebook page where your form embedded?
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 01:11 PM
Have you tried embedding your form in iframe format? If no, please do and let us know if the problem still exist.
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 01:12 PM
how do I do that Rodjit?
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Sorry...I did do that Rodjit and it works perfectly in Chrome.
I don't understand why I can't view the images in Explorer. I can't even get them to show up in the edit screen.
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 01:58 PM
Anybody out there?? I really need help with this asap. I am getting emails and I don't have an explanation except "don't use Explorer".
BTW...I cannot even get your website to allow me to edit in Explorer. I've always had issues with it and that's why I do everything in Chrome but the most of the people that I am selling to are using Explorer. Help!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 02:34 PM
We apologize for this delayed response rhonnyk. Apparently, we've been looking for answers how this happens but it seems that the problem points to photobucket's servers. The best and fastest workaround for this is to place your images on a different server and have your images on your form pointed there.
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 02:49 PM
I've been experimenting and I reduced the size of the image that I uploaded to the hosting site and it seems to be working. I'm experimenting a little more to make sure I've got it but I think this is it.
- rhonnykAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 02:55 PM
I still can't get the form to work through the iframe in Facebook in Explorer. When I click on the link, it is completely blank. Again, it works perfectly in Chrome.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 17, 2012 at 04:33 PM
I have created a test page using mentioned Static Iframe Tab App:
You can check it from your side to make sure that IE 7 & 8 can handle iFrames with JotForm based forms.
Thank you for cooperation.