- andyoncallgaAsked on November 27, 2017 at 08:12 AM
Hello my mobile friendly form only loads on desktop. It does not load on mobile.
How can I get the form to populate?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 27, 2017 at 11:08 AM
I cannot see the form on the desktop as well. I also noticed that you added the form inside of the head element on your website. You should add the form inside of the <body> tag.
The <head> element is a container for metadata (data about data).
You can also embed your form with the iFrame code.
- andyoncallgaAnswered on November 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM
Hello our form needs to populate on 2 pages. Contact us and Get a free quote.
I used the iframe option and it is now showing on mobile on the contact us page. I did the exact same action on free quote and that form is STILL not showing?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM
I can now see the form on the desktop. I am also able to see the form on Samsung Galaxy on both pages - Contact us and Get a free quote.
Which mobile device are you using? Can you test the form on some other device or using some other browser to see if the issue still persists?
- andyoncallgaAnswered on November 27, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Yes I am on a LE 5 I still dont see it on free quotes. I will look at someone else's phone. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 27, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Maybe it is a browser cache related issue. You can try to use some other browser on your phone or clear the cache in the browser that you are using to see if that will resolve your issue.