- geomarkrecoveryAsked on November 29, 2017 at 01:51 PM
We have been using this form for several years and all of a sudden a captcha has popped up in the submission reply e-mail form. How can I eliminate it?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on November 29, 2017 at 03:53 PM
I checked the form you linked on your post https://www.jotform.com/72755545274161 but failed to see a Captcha Field there.
Can you be more specific on what you meant by "a captcha has popped up in the submission reply e-mail form"? Where are you seeing the Captcha?
If possible, please send us a screenshot of what you see from your end so we can have a better look. Don't reply to this email and attach the image. Instead, kindly open your thread by clicking this link, then post your reply and screenshot from there.
Complete guide: How-to-Post-Screenshots-to-Our-Support-Forum
- geomarkrecoveryAnswered on November 29, 2017 at 08:30 PM
- geomarkrecoveryAnswered on November 29, 2017 at 08:37 PM
I noticed that this user account had changed to read only. I changed it back to full access but I am still getting the catcha
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 02:32 AM
The recaptcha has been added due to number of spams and malicious activities done by some users. Although we have suspended and keep suspending certain users, we had to ensure that attempt for replies and forwards made through the submissions page are legitimate and not automated through prevention. Hence, the addition of the recaptcha.
So unfortunately, there is no way to remove this from the user's end. But we will escalate this matter to see if there is something that can be done on this case. However, I cannot guarantee that this can be given action due to my explanation above. In any case, we will inform you should there be changes.
Thanks and warm regards.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 05:04 AM
Captcha is disabled for your account,
- geomarkrecoveryAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Thanks, The reply function is used by our committee members who can only access from within a password protected web site so we should be pretty safe from automated replies.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 12:16 PM
I checked your account and the Captcha you showed above is no longer there. Please let us know if you have further concerns.