- sutha_pAsked on November 30, 2017 at 03:40 PMI have a few fields on my form, and I have created custom fields to map those fields in Salesforce.However, when I go through the integration wizard within JotForm, I am not able to see the custom fields in my drop down.
My custom fields are picklists, checkbox, and text fields. I tried creating the integration after the fields were build. I tried clearing my cache and connecting again.
Could you tell me what I could be missing?
Also, on a side note - JotForm should really consider having a phone support line available. I understand you have a forum & an email option, but as a client, it is quite frustrating to be waiting for a reply on a question, then posting a response to that reply, then waiting again and so on....
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 06:19 PM
For the custom SalesForce fields, you can map it with a regular Textbox field (Short Text Entry) from your form.
You can refer to this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/321-Mastering-SalesForce-with-JotForm
If that doesn't work for you, you can use Zapier to integrate JotForm with SalesForce.
Thanks for your suggestion about the phone support. Unfortunately, we do not provide it for now. Rest assured your questions will be attended as quickly as possible.
- sutha_pAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 06:50 PM
So if I have a checkbox field in the form, how can I translate that into a Text field in Salesforce?
Is using Zapier the only option?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 08:13 PM
You will have to add a new field then map them.
So once you submit the form selecting multiple checkboxes in your form like the following
That will be added to your custom Textbox field at Salesforce separated by a semicolon.
- sutha_pAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 08:23 PM
I don't see any of the custom fields I created..
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Please allow me some time to see if I can replicate the issue at my end. I'll get back to you as soon as I complete my tests with the salesforce integration.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on December 01, 2017 at 03:39 AM
Thank you for your patience. I have also tested Salesforce integration at my end and see that the custom field data is being sent without any issue.
Could you check with the Salesforce support if there is any limitation of custom fields for the Salesforce edition that you are using?
- sutha_pAnswered on December 01, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Kiran - I am using Enterprise Edition, but I am using the Sandbox - will the Sandbox be an issue?
Which edition of Salesforce does JotForm support?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on December 01, 2017 at 01:15 PM
I'm not sure the edition of your Salesforce account nor the mode (Sandbox) has something to do with the issue you are having. It's possible that the issue is how the custom field in Salesforce is set up. May I suggest you check the solution I have provided in another thread and see if that would help fix the issue you are having, please?
Here's the link to the other thread — https://www.jotform.com/answers/1006315#1021775
We will wait for your response.
- sutha_pAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 02:08 PM
I tried that solutions as well but no luck...here's what I tried so far:
- With Sandbox mode
- Without sandbox mode
- Redid the integration after fields are created
- Tried in a Salesforce Sandbox environment
- tried in Salesforce production environment
-Field Level Security is visible
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 07, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Thanks for your cooperation.
Since we could not reproduce the problem, we will try to inspect the form where you've integrated with Salesforce. I checked your account but I couldn't find finished form with Salesforce integration. Can you provide the form URL you're working on that is integrated with Salesforce if possible so we can inspect it here?
By the way, if you are working on a shared form, please do the integration within the master's account, not a sub-account. See if that makes a difference.
- sutha_pAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 01:02 PM
I tried it on the master account as well, but I am still getting the same issue.
This is the URL I am using, but I noticed that I have to redo the integration everytime..
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 01:19 PM
I have checked the form URL provided and see that the Salesforce integration is not available on the form. Could you check this once again? Since you are the sub-account user, could you check with the account owner to try the integration from their end to see how it goes?