- artofexpressionAsked on September 18, 2012 at 02:20 PM
jotform doesn't work for iphone and ipad.
some of my customers told me that they can't fill in the fields.
maybe there is any solution?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 05:25 PM
Can you please explain what the problem is. We'll be glad to assist you with a solution!
- AndrewChanAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 05:30 PM
I think the question is can we use Jotform opn an iPad or an iPhone. Can we? I tried it but cannot get pass the welcome screen
- JotForm SupportdanieldlopezpAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 06:28 PM
The answer is yes you can use Jotform on an iPad or and iPhone, however some users have reported that the forms are not being displayed at all or with some issues. We think that the problem reside in the compatibility with the browser, may I ask which browser are you using in your iphone/ Ipad. We would recommend you to try with other browser maybe Operamini or iCab.
Our developers are working in those kind of bugs, so for now probably to use another browser will allow you to interact with the forms.
PD: for us is important to register the bugs so please tell us your dispositive (Ipad or Iphone) and the browser that you are using right now.
If you have other questions about it please let us know
- AndrewChanAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 07:17 PM
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 07:33 PM
We are recommending Opera Mini instead of Safari for Iphone users. If your forms contains an upload file, this might not work unless you try our filepicker.io integration
- guest_22704533847052Answered on September 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM
all ist fine now. it was a fault of mine, thanks!
- liveanticsAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 03:31 PM
I am still experiencing trouble opening my form with Safari (on iPhone). Only a third of my form shows up.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 18, 2012 at 05:22 PM
Like I said above, if you are trying to view a form, Opera Mini or Icab would be a good alternative for Apple producs. Another solution would be to embed the form using the iframe method.
Please open a thread if you still need assistance
- woshidaixiaoAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 02:17 PMThe problem is, I can not ask my clients to change the browser on their iPad. If they can not open it, they will just leave for other vendors. The reason I use jot form because its convenience. But if it doesn't support i device, I have to change to other service.
- fxrAnswered on December 13, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Could you please open a new thread for your issue?
Explain whats going on and we will see if there is anything we can do to help.
- hdunsmoreAnswered on February 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM
There must be a definitive answer to this question. Does JotForm with with iPad or not. Workarounds such as flipping over to alternative browers in iPad/iPhone is not acceptable. Can anyone answer this straightforward question?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on February 21, 2013 at 02:31 PM
It won't work if you use Safari mobile when uploading files
Our developers released filepicker.io integration as an alternative for that problems. Besides that, any form can be viewed in any mobile browser
- hdunsmoreAnswered on February 25, 2013 at 08:24 AMI'm using my iMac to upload files.
- ipbr21054Answered on August 05, 2013 at 02:50 PM
I have issues when viewing my form on the iphone.
When i view it on my ipad all is good.
The problem only exists on my iphone,I have a large white background shown on my iphone.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 05, 2013 at 04:44 PM
Please post your question into a separate thread and provide further details so we can check your form here. If the form is embedded, please include the website URL so we can check and trouble the issue further.
- ipbr21054Answered on August 05, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Problem has been resolved by your staff.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 05, 2013 at 04:51 PM
- adlerseoAnswered on December 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I also have the same issue with not being able to view the jotform on an iphone but I read in a previous response that a soluition is to just delete the HTMl code and install the code with iFrame.
I just installed the iFrame code so hopefully it works! I'll let you know.
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on December 11, 2013 at 01:43 PM
@adlerseo, please create a separate thread so that we can focus on yours should in case the problem persists on your end. Please let us know if the iFrame embed does not solved your problem and giving detailed explanation on what is happening on the form. Click here to open a new thread. Thank you
- stjoesadminAnswered on September 08, 2015 at 07:21 PM