- TantrumTheatreAsked on December 02, 2017 at 03:16 PM
I have a form which has 5 products in the payment section
is it possible to choose which product is selected using conditional logic from another section on thee same form?
I know I can pre-select it using URL - so it seems i should be able to pass similar code from the same form maybe?
the form is here if you want to look - i'd like the top radio boxes to update the bottom payment section
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on December 02, 2017 at 03:49 PM
Hey Phil - Looks like you're aiming to conditionally select a product based on the option selected on the WorkshopSession field. If this is the goal, it's better to just setup your product options "outside" the payment field.
The general workflow should be like this:
1. Add Single Choice fields (radio buttons) that will act or serve as your PRODUCTS.
2. Assign Calculation Values to each of them. These values will be used later on to compute the total.
Complete guide: How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
3. Add a Form Calculation Widget to your form and perform your computation on that field.
Complete guide: How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
4. Change your PayPal payment field's PAYMENT TYPE from SELL PRODUCTS to USER DEFINED AMOUNT.
5. Afterwards, on that same screen, set the GET PRICE FROM option to the calculation widget you added.
Complete guide: How-to-Pass-a-Calculation-to-a-Payment-Field
With this approach, you're essentially setting up your products and doing your calculations outside of the payment field, thus allowing you to use them with Conditions as needed.