- scholasticimagesbalfourAsked on December 06, 2017 at 12:02 PM
I am trying to add a component to my form where a customer can add an additional item to their jacket for an additional charge. I'm not sure if there is an easier way to do it, but right now I have a multiple choice option for them to select (they can only add if they select the deluxe package) and then if they choose one of the 2 additional options ($15 or $25) it copies that amount into another field. From there I have my grand total to calculate the new amount.
However, if a student selects one of these options, the grand total no longer calculates correctly.
1. Is there an easier way to set this up?
2. How can I fix it to where my grand total is calculating correctly if they add one of these patches?
Thank you very much!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 06, 2017 at 01:17 PM
What is the formula? Since I do not know it, I will perform it according to what you have currently setup. Please note that the issue is not the widget, it is the way you have perform the calculation. Let's try to debug this issue:
A) If you are going to perform the calculation through conditions, please remove the calculation you have perform inside the Grand Total:
B) If you want to perform the calculation inside the widget, and add up the results from the calculations performed via conditions, then:
1) Include a new Form Calculation widget, where you will input the result of these conditions:
So, instead of this:
You will have this:
2) Then make sure to set the operators to the proper format(not string):
3) You may now include the result from the conditions, inside the calculation of your "Grand Total:
Let us know if you need more help.