- BoH_serviceAsked on December 08, 2017 at 05:40 AM
Jotform support team,
I used the PDF option for one of my forms and I have some feedback to give.First of all there are no restrictions in the fields, like with the online form. I do not know how difficult is this for you to implement but it is important for fields like e-mail, product numbers, phone numbers.Secondly, all the text boxes of the the required field "Address" need to be filled in, including the "Address second line", which someone may not want to use. I guess this is obvious why it is a problem.Thirdly, the sub-labels are not visible, and sometimes this is essential because they give instructions of what exactly the input of that field should be.Forth, in case of a blank required field, there is a pop-up window informing for this, but the filled text in the boxes is altered (screenshot)!Moreover, it would be really handy if there was an option to attach another PDF or JPEG to the PDF form. Last but not least, it would be very nice if there was a discrimination (without intending to sound racist!) between the submissions that come from different sources; online form, PDF form, and maybe the site they were found. Thank you for taking my feedback into consideration and I am looking forward to your answer.
P.S. I couldn't upload a one-page PDF as an attachment to this post. If there is a restriction to the form of the uploaded files them you should mention. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 09:13 AM
1. I think you mean the field validations for the phone, email, etc. Unfortunately, this isn't available in the PDF form but I can request this to our backend team.
2. The address field is required, I tried it and I cannot submit the button without filling the second address line. I'm not sure why it is not working for you. I'd suggest getting a new PDF form of it.
3. I see this, and I can also send this to our backend team.
4. I can also replicate this. It's adding numbers in the field. I'm sure it's a bug.
5. I understand. However, file upload is currently not supported in PDF. I think this is not really on our end but the PDF capability. I have yet to find a PDF that supports this. If you know one, please share so we can have it as our reference :).
6. Can you explain more about this "discrimination" thing? I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean to ask how you can track the page where a submission is made? We have a widget for this, but it is currently not available in PDF forms. The name of the widget is Get Form Page URL.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 09:26 AM
I split the issues into separate threads so I can create a ticket for them. Please find the new links below:
1. For the field validation of Phone, Email fields: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1317940
2. For the sub-labels visibility: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1317941.
3. For the extra texts that are added when required popups: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1317942.