- mathcorpscsuAsked on December 08, 2017 at 02:08 PM
I have a form that requires students to upload an essay and a report card. Normally all the uploads come through without a problem. However on a couple, the report card does not.
Usually, I can solve this problem by manually downloading all the uploaded files. Often the missing attachment is there. Sometimes it's not.
I have triple checked that the field is a required one. Moreover, when this happens, the pdf output is altered (see screen shot), skipping over the "upload report card" field entirely.
I've had this glitch before and want to have it solved as it makes processing my applications more difficult for me and challenging for the applicants as well.
- MarvihAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 03:31 PM
Let me do more checking with this one. I will get back to you in a moment.
- MarvihAnswered on December 08, 2017 at 04:00 PM
Can you please enable "Limit File Size" in your Upload Properties. This will help check if there is an upload that is too huge and sometimes gets interrupted during the upload process which causes the error.
Let us know if the issue is still happening after doing that.
- mathcorpscsuAnswered on December 11, 2017 at 09:43 AMI enabled the size limit on the form. Let me know if there is anything else
I can do.
- mathcorpscsuAnswered on December 11, 2017 at 02:43 PMHow can I retrieve the missing uploads? I've tried to download all uploads
twice, but haven't gotten an email with the zipped file. Do I need to
contact the applicants directly to resubmit?
- MarvihAnswered on December 11, 2017 at 03:23 PM
Yes, contacting the applicants and tell them to resubmit is the only possible way have their missing file uploads.
- mathcorpscsuAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 10:47 AM
This issue is still happening. The file maximum is enabled at 1024KB.
I have also tried to download all the uploads in order to retrieve the missing attachment, but have not gotten any files as of yet. I just enabled this form, so there aren't many submissions yet. Any idea why it's taking so long?
- MarvihAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 10:58 AM
Can you let us know the correct form URL/ID it is happening?
I checked this form/URL https://www.jotform.com/72604270888160 but it is currently Disabled.
We will wait for your response.
- mathcorpscsuAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 12:28 PM
This is the form
- MarvihAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 12:46 PM
Let me do further check. I will get back to you after a moment.
- mathcorpscsuAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 01:08 PM
The problem only happens sometimes, unfortunately...but often enough that it's problematic, especially once I get a lot of submissions and then I have to go through all the uploads to the find the missing attachment.
The form is not embedded in my website it, I just link to it.
- MarvihAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 01:42 PM
I was able to see the file on that submission. I think the issue was due to the file name has underscore ( _ ) on it. This issue was fixed recently though.
You can download the file using this link https://files.jotform.com/jufs/mathcorpscsu/73374795599176/3934804028421740562/WIN_20180203_10_36_26_Pro.jpg
If the issue is happening again, please let us know so we can escalate it to our development team.