- atltruckdriverjobsAsked on December 13, 2017 at 08:45 AM
I got a message saying something about my access was denied yesterday due to phishing. Today I logged in and I could see my forms and then all of a sudden it says that my account has been suspended. I have not misused your forms or the website. I don't collect money. I used your templates and only added a slot for social security number. The forms that I use are for employment applications and independent contract agreements. Please provide information or let me know if this is a simple mistake or that your systems are experiencing some sort of outage, trouble, hacked, etc.
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on December 13, 2017 at 09:30 AM
I will re-activate your account but you need to immediately modify the form or delete it. Your account might be suspended again if you don't do this immediately.
- atltruckdriverjobsAnswered on December 13, 2017 at 11:43 AMCan I collect the social just not make it a requirement?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 13, 2017 at 01:32 PM
Let me explain you this matter in a more detailed way:
Most online form builders, including JotForm, are being used for identity theft. We go to great lengths to prevent this. That is why our Terms mention that SSNs are considered a Phishing activity.
When you do request SSNs, chances are that our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account. If this happens you must contact support to whitelist the form and reactivate the account as you just did.
and you must explain to us the purposes of the form.
We know there are businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes, here are some:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
You must be aware that since we do store the information in your account, anyone with access to it would also have access to social security numbers. So, in the event of a security breach of your account this could be an issue.
So, having all this in mind, we encourage you to follow these recommendations:
1.Add a sort agreement and/or an e-signature field to the form, so your customers will agree to provide their SSN along with personal info.
Here are some widgets you can add to the form