- RocaLabsAsked on September 21, 2012 at 02:19 PM
Why do some of the people see that their IP's have been blocked by Jotform?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 21, 2012 at 02:42 PM
Our automatic anti-phishing system blocks an IP address that is being used repeatedly to create malicious forms.
It could be that your visitors are using dynamic IP addressing, and were assigned IP addresses that were used in the past for phishing.
In such cases, kindly ask for their IP's so we can have them unblocked.
- RocaLabsAnswered on September 21, 2012 at 03:08 PM
Nothing to do with their demographics, right?
- JotForm SupportdanieldlopezpAnswered on September 21, 2012 at 03:14 PM
No it doesn’t have to do with a particular area o country; it is just about a particular IP address used in the past for other users like NeilVicente notified you. Please provide us the Ip address and we can check
- NneyahAnswered on February 09, 2013 at 08:17 AM
I have had to request 3 times in a week to have my ip unblocked. It's the same private computer I have used for a year. Therefore constantly can't access to my forms and users can't submit details either.
Despite requests to be told why this keeps happening, no response. So have had to find an alternative to jotform.
While it worked it was really good, however it's just become frustrating.