- dentpuzzAsked on September 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM
trying to query a google sites spreadsheet by building a custom url based on parameters entered by the end user.
- moonzkieAnswered on September 24, 2012 at 01:07 PM
You can do that by adding a "Change Thank You URL after submission" conditions to redirect form users to certain pages based on the value. You can do that by:
1. Select Setup & Embed tab
2. Click Conditions
3. Select Change Thank You URL after submission
4. Click Next
5. Fill in the conditions...
6. Click Save
Hope this helps. Please inform us if you have further inquiry. Thank you.
- dentpuzzAnswered on September 24, 2012 at 01:46 PM
not quite what I'm looking for. I need to have the value entered in the form field as part of the redirect url, so how do i use a field in my form as a parameter?
e.g. value entered on form is 'apples'
I want the redirect to be www.somesite.com?fruit=apples
- moonzkieAnswered on September 24, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Sorry to tell you, but that such option is not yet available, maybe in the future.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 24, 2012 at 02:57 PM
In addition to what my colleague has mentioned, it may be possible to append field values as a URL parameter in links embedded on your Thank You message.
will appear as http://www.somesite.com?fruit=apples in the Thank You message.
Do note, however, that this will require your users an extra step of clicking the link.
If you want a seamless transition, you will have to use a custom PHP script that will parse the field values then append it to a URL to which the user will be automatically redirected.
If your server has PHP enabled, we can help you with creating this simple script.
- dentpuzzAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 09:15 AM
This is on Google sites, so I think PHP is probably out of the question! However, the link will work fine.
Thank you all for your assistance!