- vilkfuryAsked on December 26, 2017 at 06:22 PM
is there something i can do to unsuspend my account?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 07:50 PM
The form http://www.jotform.us/form/32655553549160 found on your account is suspicious of phishing activity because it is collecting Social Security Numbers (SSNs)
Please be aware that online form builders, including JotForm are being used for identity theft in the past.
We go to great lengths to prevent this. That is why SSNs are considered as a Phishing activity as stated in our Terms.
Therefore, when you do request SSN, our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account or this will be manually performed by our Staff, if your account is on paid status, you should get a notification about it.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
- Real estate purchases
- Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a Signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
3. If possible, change the email address on your profile to one that shows your business domain rather than the public email address you currently show.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 26, 2017 at 07:56 PM
An alternative way, we can delete the guilty fields so we can immediately re-activate your account.
If that is okay with you, please let us know. Thank you.