- AntirangaistusAsked on December 27, 2017 at 05:47 AM
I am interested to combine information from google sheets to form so that there are some fields pre filled based on earlier answers. How to do this?
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on December 27, 2017 at 06:07 AM
Unfortunately you can not fill the fields of the form through google sheets. But it is possible to integrate the form with Google Spreadsheet so the submissions will go directly on the Google Spreadsheet.
Please follow the instructions in the url below on how to integrate the form with Google Sheets:
Let us know if you have any other question.
- AntirangaistusAnswered on December 27, 2017 at 06:53 AM
I know how to auto import data to google sheets but now I need some solution to use preflled forms based on previous answers.. is n t there any way to do this?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 27, 2017 at 07:37 AM
It's only possible to pre-fill fields on your form from a spreadsheet using the Spreadsheet to Form widget, but it will require to upload the sheet to the widget, please find more details here: https://www.jotform.com/help/442-How-to-Use-the-Spreadsheet-to-Form-Widget
If you have questions, please let us know.
- AntirangaistusAnswered on December 27, 2017 at 02:23 PM
well.. it is not necessary that it is from spreadsheet.. and because end user doesn t have it let's ask it other way.. is there any other ways to solve this problem?
1. customer leaves information
2. customer comes to form where the information have been picked based on previous answers.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 27, 2017 at 02:51 PM
These features may help you:
1. Allow users to edit their submissions: This will require them to submit the form and trigger all the email notifications or integrations on your form, you will be able to access such information from the submissions page and they can edit the submission with their edit link.
This guide will provide you more details about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date
2. Save and Continue Later: This feature allows users to save the entered information on our servers and access to it at any time with a custom link, this requires two forms, the first one that will create the session and the second one that will be the main where your users will enter their information.
This guide will provide you more details about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-and-Continue-Later
3. Auto-fill feature: This saves the entered data on the browser's storage, it requires the users to continue filling the form using the same browser and computer.
More information about such feature can be found here: https://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-on-Forms
4. Using a prepopulated link: If you have a spreadsheet you may create a custom link prepopulating the form fields, this guide will help you with that: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-Fields-to-Your-JotForm-via-URL-Parameters
I hope this helps.