- 1sixty8Asked on December 28, 2017 at 06:25 AM
I just renewed for a year on November 18th. I see that there is a Promo that would allow me to have the next tier higher (Silver) for what amounts to 50 cents/month more. How do I take advantage of this?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 08:06 AM
If you see the popup or if you go the pricing page, just click the Silver Plan and choose the Yearly option. You should see it discounted.
You can pay by Paypal or credit card. Note that your current payment method is Paypal. We will have to manually cancel and refund (proration) this after upgrading. We will be notified of it after you upgrade. You can also update us here so we can check right away.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 28, 2017 at 08:19 AM
Yes but this appears that it will extend my subscription another year until November 2019. I was hoping that i could just take advantage of the promo for the existing subscription.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, it's not possible with Paypal. You'll have to initiate a new payment, and it will be a new date.
You can get the discounted price of the Bronze Yearly plan, but we'll have to set back your account to the free plan for you to see it if that's what you are asking. We can issue a prorated refund for your last payment after. Let us know if you are ready to upgrade today. You have 4GB+ of file uploads, and your form will not work if we set your account to the free plan.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 28, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Ultimately, what i would like is to upgrade to the Silver plan at the discounted price, but I'd like to get refunded for the unused (prorated) portion of the year that I paid for in November 2017... Can we do that instead? Seems like the say concept, but I get a better plan and you end up refunding me less money and it will be much easier and no downtime on my forms.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 11:56 AM
As said by my colleague, since your subscription was paid through PayPal, it is not possible to do that, you could purchase a new plan now, so your account is active and on the new plan, and after that, we process the refund and cancellation of the previous one.
Let us know if that could work for you.
We'll wait for your response.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 28, 2017 at 12:03 PM
Would anything at all change with my forms? Or would all of my forms still be there on the new plan ? I’m not understanding why you’re telling me that you can issue a prorated refund and then at the same time telling me you can’t because that used PayPal. This is very confusing.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM
We said that so we don't have to set your account to Free plan.
The usual procedure is we cancel and refund the plan, your account is downgraded to Free and then you purchase a new one.
The issue is that it takes 5-7 business days for you to receive the refund through PayPal.
So, to speed it up, we can do this:
1) You purchase a new plan, and you can do that right now, Silver yearly discounted.
2) Your subscription plan will change to Silver (so your operation is intact).
3) We add your previous charge (prorated) to our refund queue.
Let us know if that sounds ok to you.
- MitchAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 01:30 PM
I think that is exactly what I want.. I will do that now and report back when done.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 28, 2017 at 01:34 PM
OK.. I Just purchased the Silver plan on my account. Please set up the prorated refund at your earliest convenience. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 02:18 PM
Thank you for letting us know.
I see you purchased the Silver yearly plan.
I will add your previous charge to our refund queue.
You will be charged only one month from the Bronze yearly plan which means, the plan was initially 159$ and that is 13.25$ per month, for 11 months it is 146$ and that is the amount that will be refunded to you.
Hope it makes sense.
Let us know if you have any further questions.