- neelyagencyAsked on December 28, 2017 at 03:04 PM
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 04:28 PM
Please note that the already encrypted submissions will remain like that when you turn off the encryption option, it's only for new submissions that the key will not be required and they will not be encrypted.
Also, note that while the encryption feature is disabled you will not be asked for the key so the old encrypted submissions will remain like that.
I would recommend you to check this link for more info about such feature: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
If you have more questions, let us know.
- neelyagencyAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 06:15 PM
So how do I decrypt? Please give me step by step instructions.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on December 28, 2017 at 08:01 PM
You can turn off the form encryption in the Form Settings. Here's how:
1. In the Form Builder, click the "Settings" option in the top menu. After that, click the "Show More" options.
2. Scroll down and look for the "Encrypt Form Data" option. Change it to "No" if you want to disable the form encryption.
You can decrypt the encrypted submissions by uploading the encryption key. Here's how:
1. In the Form Builder, go back to the Form Settings and enable the Form Encryption.
2. A pop-up will appear where you need to enter your account password.
3. After that, you can select the "I will use my existing keys" option or the "I will provide a public key" option.
4. When you're done, go back to the Submissions page. Here's a guide: How-to-View-Form-Submissions.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.