- cyrusrjAsked on September 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM
quando vejo os email por aqui no jotform eles ficam bons mas no meu email particular eles vem com informaçoes faltando ou informaçoes de mais (campos que nao foram preenchidos vem vazios e no jot form só aparece o que foi preenchido) como faço para receber o email com a mesma formataçao do que recebo no jotform? o que estou fazendo e verificando email por email e encaminhando para meu email particular.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM
The easiest way to fix inconsistencies between email alerts and your actual form is by recreating the email alert.
Delete your old notification, then create a new one.
1. Click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification
2. In the Compose Email screen, click Delete Email
3. After deleting, click on Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Add New Email
4. Choose Notification, click Next then follow the Email Alert Wizard
A new, untouched email alert will always display fields as it is arranged in the form itself.
Note that if you make a change in the email alert, it will be tagged as "dirty" by the Email Wizard and will no longer be updated.
That means whenever you make changes to the form such as adding, deleting, rearranging, and renaming fields, those changes will not reflect on the email alert automatically. You will have to manually update it.
- ranyelAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 08:29 AM
olá, tenho um formulario de mais de 200 itens , porem mesmo que nao preenchido um dos itens eu o recebo , Alguma forma de alterar ?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, they will all be included by default.
If you wish, you can change your e-mail body. Simply erase the labels, you will only receive the answers that were entered by the user.
Here is a guide to help you with that:
Here is a clone of your form in case you wanted to use it:
I made fields in two colums for easier navigation!