- dailyadrenalineAsked on December 29, 2017 at 09:57 PM
Hi JotForm, I wanted to see if there was any way to make a Donation Amount box have a drop down. Ideally, we'd like to have the options of $20, $50, $ 100, Other. Other would allow the user to put any amount they wanted in.
I put the link to form below and the main website is http://dailyadrenaline.org/
Kind Regards,Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on December 30, 2017 at 03:27 AM
You can use product options instead of the donation option and set your options as products.
Another way is to set your options outside of the payment field using the basic fields, perform a calculation and pass it to the payment field.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/73631810001946
Feel free to test it and clone it.
Hope this meet what you are looking for.
- dailyadrenalineAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 02:39 PM
That is great - I really like the product variation solution - https://form.jotform.com/73632022401946
One thing I wanted to see if wet could change, on the custom donation - can the default be blank or show just $. If I clear it out to be 0 it shows up as "free". Ideally we'd like to see "custom donation $" or "custom donation"
Also is there any way to make sure that people can only select one option? I noticed you can select multiple from the donation amount.
- dailyadrenalineAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 03:15 PM
Hi there after looking deeper I think the best option is the calculation field. The one thing I can't figure out is how you passed the value from other through to the donation amount. I have the form live on our site now. https://form.jotform.us/71803933230147
If I select "other amount" how do I get this value to pass through to the total?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 04:48 PM
Thank you for updating us.
To pass the value of the "Other Amount" field to the payment field in your form, you need to include it in the calculation. (Please see the image below)
The issue that you might encounter when you do that is the "Other Amount" field not being cleared with its value if your respondents changed his/her mind and select another amount from the drop-down. The value will remain in the "Other Amount" field even though it is already hidden and it will be added to the selected amount in the drop-down.
There are two ways to fix this conflict.
1. Using a condition to clear the "Other Amount" field if a selection is made on the drop-down.
2. Set the "Clear Hidden Field Values" option on the form builder page settings to "Clear On Being Hidden".
I hope this helps. If you have other questions, please feel free to let us know.
- dailyadrenalineAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 06:43 PM
Awesome thank you so much. This is solved