- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 01, 2018 at 04:00 AM
Upon checking your account I found that it's suspended by our anti-phishing system. As your form "Rental Application w/Background Information" has fields asking for "SSN" which makes it suspected of being used for phishing.
Please be aware that online form builders, including JotForm are being used for identity theft in the past.
Therefore, when you do request SSN, our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account or this will be manually performed by our Staff, if your account is on paid status, you should get a notification about it.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
Do get back to us if your business is among the list above and you agree to add both the widgets mentioned above, I will activate your account and enable your form to make the changes.
We will wait for your response.
- ielleAnswered on January 01, 2018 at 07:43 AMI am creating the form for a dumpster rental business
Please reactivate my account so that I can continue to modify my form.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 01, 2018 at 09:40 AM
Your account is now active. You can now use your forms and account properly.
If you want to create a form, please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/2-How-to-Create-Your-First-Web-Form
Please contact us again if you need assistance. Thank you.