- DigitalViewAsked on September 26, 2012 at 03:54 PM
Hi, this is a feature request: Jotform does provide some Mailchimp integration but it is currently limited to Fullname and not all other fields can be matched.
Request is to have it at exact field level, so for example we have Firstname and Lastname and would like to match that to equivalent fields in Mailchimp. Similarly we would liekt o match all our other fields.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Thank you for your request.
We appreciate your input, and will be opening a ticket for this request. We will inform you if this is implemented in the future.
Thank you again for your suggestion!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 04:57 AM
We already have the custom fields integration. Exactly which field do you need to integrate with which of your form, and what kind of custom fields you have on MailChimp?
- DigitalViewAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 05:02 AM
As mentioned in my original note above Jotform has a default Fullname field to match with Mailchimp. We do not use Fullname in our Jotform forms or in Mailchimp list so we cannot match this field properly. We use Firstname and Lastname, two separate fields.
As for custom fields they are normal text fields or other fields already available in Jotform. We have corresponding fields in our Mailchimp lists and would like to match them.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 07:28 AM
Unfortunately, only single field (which is the Full Name) can be matched with Mail Chimp currently. Two separate name fields like Field Name and Last Name can't be matched. However, this has been raised to our development team for further improvements if necessary.
With regards to the other text fields, it is already possible. I was even able to matched them just now. Example:
Sample result on Mail Chimp:
If you are having trouble matching your other text fields, just let us know so we can further assist you. Thanks and apologies for the inconveniences caused.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 08:33 AM
Actually after a little bit of experimentation on Mail Chimp, I was able to MAP the two Name fields. Example:
What I did is,
1. Delete the Mail Chimp's default "First Name" and "Last Name" fields (You should set them first as unrequired and then delete).
2. Recreate the fields manually e.g. First Name and Last Name.
3. Get your API key and integrate your form. You should be able to see the First Name and Last Name as separate fields.
Let us know if you need further clarification. Thanks!
Just realised I never responded on this to say thanks - it works!