- cieesAsked on September 26, 2012 at 06:41 PM
Hello (IT IS URGENT, PLEASE)
Unfortunalettly, although in my form I have 2 mandatory fields to attach files, some of the forms that my users fill, appear in dropbox with only 1 file uploaded (sometimes the 1st, sometimes the 2nd) and sometimes none.
I think about possible reasons, but I need your help because you will now the real reason:
- Maybe it is a cache "shadow" problem? (formerly these 2 fields were not mandatory and the form is often filled from the same computer)
- May it be a problem of sinchronization with Dropbox?
- May it be a problem of 2 persons uploading just in the same moment?
- May it be a problem of the path of the user file? (for example C:\Docs & settings\user\name\etc... is longer than 255 and then it is ignored without displaying error?
- May it be that they try to upload illegal files? (not allowed extensions like PDF, DOC, JPG)... and it is ignored without displaying error
- May it be that they enter a word (instead of a real path to a file) and the form accepts without displaying error?
My form is http://form.jotformeu.com/form/22614619339356 (the user is "iberzal" although for tests I enter as "ciees"). PLEASE DO NOT MAKE EXPERIMENTS WITH MY ORIGINAL FORM. PLEASE CLONE IT FOR YOURSELF INSTEAD, as yourself explain in HERE. THANKS.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 07:19 PM
I have tested your form on my end and all files were uploaded to my dropbox folder, nothing is disappeared. (Tried 50MB)
Maybe because some users uploaded such large size files, usually, large files get delayed since it takes time for the file to get downloaded to your computer. Also, please try to check your dropbox quota, free accounts only have 2GB free space.
One solution is to remove the current integration and reintegrate it again.
Hope this helps and please let us know if the problem still occur after doing above suggestions.
- cieesAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM
Thank you very very much. Your service is really quick and efficient.
The dropbox quota is enough and the files to upload are expected small (1 or 2 Mb). The delay should not occur because I refer to submissions of 2 and 3 days ago.
So, I will follow your suggestion and I will try to remove the current integration and reintegrate it again. But first, please tell me: Could I loose the already uploaded files? (it is an important issue).
Thank you very much again, sincerely.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM
No, you won't lose any data that is already submitted or uploaded unless you will delete it from your dropbox account or dropbox folder on your computer.
I would suggest to copy uploaded files from your computer to another folder on your drive, to be sure that you all have the files as backup.
Thanks, our pleasure to help.