- chrissungleeAsked on January 03, 2018 at 03:38 AM
I am a medical practice and we use square to authorize a card to be kept on file and charged in the event of a no-show or cancellation. Can this integration work for this purpose?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Integrate Form with Square
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 04:40 AM
Payment Authorization is also available for Square. You can enable it on the payment wizard once you setup Square on your form.
Just add the SQUARE payment field on your form. Expand the ADDITIONAL GATEWAY SETTINGS section > then toggle AUTHORIZATION ONLY to YES.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 04:46 AM
I updated our guide on how to enable Payment Authorization using various payment fields and included Square in it.
Complete guide: How-to-Enable-Payment-Authorization
- chrissungleeAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 08:43 AMOh wow! Thanks for that! I’m sure others may wonder.
In the event of a pre-auth in this case, is it safe to tell the patient
their card will not be charged until the day of?
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 09:54 AM
I have forwarded your question to my colleague and will let you know about that as soon as he is available.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 05:34 PM
Yes - It is safe to tell the patient that their card will not be charged immediately until you manually charge them through Square at a later date.
- chrissungleeAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 06:43 PMWill it save all of the customers information into Square Customers?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 03, 2018 at 08:57 PM
I think the Square integration does not create the customer record after the transaction, I cannot find such option on the Square gateway settings as it's on the Stripe wizard. I have been testing with a Square sandbox account as well, but it seems like sandbox transactions are not showing on the Square dashboard.
I noticed an option called "Instant Profiles" on the Square's customers section, please try enabling it and see if the integration creates the customer, if it does not do it, you may open a new thread requesting such feature, we will be glad to forward it to our second level.
- chrissungleeAnswered on January 04, 2018 at 02:43 AMThanks for looking into this!