- IMSAadmissionsAsked on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM
A question that I have written into my form is not showing up to the user. Help!
The question is under the Current Principal or School Counselor heading where it asks for the full name.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 01:14 PM
I've cloned and checked your form and the heading you've created is using the Free Text HTML field, when I changed it to Heading field, it got fixed so I would suggest to please change the "Free Text HTML" field to "Heading" field.
Hope this help you solved your problem and please let us know if you have more further questions.
- IMSAadmissionsAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 01:20 PM
I tried this and it unfortunately did not resolve the problem. Any other ideas?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 01:30 PM
When you say that the question is not showing up into your form. Is this not showing up on the live form? or in the autoresponder? I am asking you this as I see you have a save and continue later form. Headers and HTML text fields are not shown on the Email alerts body
- KatieAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 01:32 PM
It is not showing up on the live form that users fill out. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 02:27 PM
Upon checking your form source codes using Google Chrome inspect element feature, I found out that the field is hidden using some CSS codes.
See this screenshot: Click here.
So the solution is remove the CSS codes:
1. Find li class="form-line" id="id_84" style="display:none; z-index: 0; "
2. Remove the display:none;
Hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 27, 2012 at 02:48 PM
I was looking at your fomr and noticed that you currently have a condition that is hiding the field.
Also, I notice that you have a couple of conditions that include deleted fields.
You may want to review the submissions and see if that solves the problem.
To do this, you need to click on the conditions icon on the top of the page.
You will see s button on the bottom left of the wizard window labeled "saved conditions".
Click on this button and review the conditions that you currently have set for the form.
Let us know if you need further assistance!
- IMSAadmissionsAnswered on October 01, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Hi, Rodjiit -
I tried this, but I don't have the "display:none;". When I look at the CSS, I see it as "dispaly:table-cell". Help!
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on October 01, 2012 at 11:16 AM
You can avoid having to look for that in the css since it is related by just removing the field that has been set to hide the form as suggested by Eduardo which is the cause of the problem as it was not setup right in your conditions.