- RustlersAsked on January 05, 2018 at 12:53 PM
Our customer emails do not appear when we download the excel file for all our registrations. I know you made some changes to the email settings. Did this affect things? Please advise. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 05, 2018 at 02:19 PM
I am assuming that you're referring to this form: http://www.jotform.ca/form/72968670683271
I checked your other thread and I can see that you deleted the Email field and replace it a new one. That is the reason why you cannot see the Email address of old submissions.
If you're referring to a different form, please let us know so we can investigate it.
- RustlersAnswered on January 05, 2018 at 02:28 PM
The only way we could get the form to work a few weeks ago was to delete the email field and then re add it to the form. We were forced to do that process because you had caching issues when you updated your from email address settings and our forms kept freezing. So those emails are just lost now?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 05, 2018 at 03:11 PM
I checked the other thread but the supporter assigned to it did not suggest deleting the Email field.
Is the Email field the only changes you made on your form? If yes, you can try to revert it back to the Older version of the previous Email field but it might lose the data of the new submissions.
If that is okay with you, try to revert it back to the older version of the form by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-View-Form-Revision-History
After that, please check if that restore the old email addresses submission then download the Excel file by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/44-How-to-Export-Form-Data-to-Excel
If that is not okay with you reverting back to the older version, please let us know.
- RustlersAnswered on January 08, 2018 at 03:26 AMThat didn't work. In the future, please notify your users if you are changing / updating your software so we can be prepared for it. We had people trying to register for programs but the email field was freezing and wasn't working (caching issues). We had no choice but to delete and re-install the email field. We did not know we would lose any info. Very frustrating.
Had we known of your software update in advance, we could have temporarily suspended our registration process.
- JotForm SupportArdian_LAnswered on January 08, 2018 at 08:07 AM
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any other question. Thank you!