- michaelcullenAsked on January 09, 2018 at 08:08 AM
We have an application form for hotels around the world to apply to join our website. A hotel owner emailed us to say she can't access the form, she gets the message "Safari can't find the server" in Safari and "This site can't be reached" in Chrome. See attachments. She can access our site and other sites.
Do you have any ideas?
I don't know how widespread the problem is, but I expect most hotels would just give up rather than emailing us about the problem.
- michaelcullenAnswered on January 09, 2018 at 08:09 AM
Second screenshot attached here:
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on January 09, 2018 at 09:09 AM
This should be an isolated problem because I can open your forms without a problem.
It could have been temporary as well.
Can you tell them to try again?
If they still can't reach the form, can you get the IP address of the user who cannot access your form?
- michaelcullenAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 05:09 AM
The user still cannot access our form, from 2 different locations. Her current location has the IP
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 07:04 AM
The link that you have posted is using the http protocol and it is not redirecting to https.
Can you please try sharing the link using the https protocol?
Let us know if the issue persists.