- braultpAsked on January 09, 2018 at 04:11 PM
Hi. We use bilingual forms (French / English). When I go into Form Settings / Show More Options / Translations / Edit, I see most of the French form's questions but not all of them.
Would you have heard of such an issue before and is there something that I should do to correct this? I have made a workaround by changing the label of the question to show both French and English. But it would look more professional if the label was unilingual in both versions.
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on January 09, 2018 at 06:00 PM
It is because the field on your picture is from a widget "Form Calculation".
The workaround for this is.
1. Add a Short Text Entry field above your Cost (Form Calculation) widget.
2. Add a Update/Calculate field conditional logic and set the condition like the image below.
3. Hide the "Form Calculation" widget.
4. Then in your form Settings > Translations. You can click "Edit" in the English Translations to correctly translate the Short Text Entry field.
Hope this helps, please let us know if you are having difficulty or needs further assistance.
- braultpAnswered on January 10, 2018 at 12:30 PM
It makes sense and I applied your example to my form but for some unknown reason, the 'hidden' fields are still visible.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 10, 2018 at 01:55 PM
The fields are shown because the Show/Hide conditional logic that you set is overriding the Hide Field option.
Remove the hidden fields from the first and third condition. Set the conditions like this.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80095816651965
Feel free to test it and clone it.
Hope this helps to solve the issue.
- braultpAnswered on January 10, 2018 at 02:42 PM
Bingo ! You really are hot! Many thanks