- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM
I did check your last edited form and found that you are using new form layout.
The best way to find out if the form is encrypted is to test your form by sending a test submission. If you access your form's submission page, it should not show you the decrypted data without uploading the private key file.
Have you downloaded and saved the private key file which gets downloaded when you enable encryption in form.
- acculoansAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM
Yes, I have the key info.
I will do a test submission now. Thanks
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM
Sure. Do try it out and get back to us if you have any questions.
You may also like to take a look at the following guide for more information on encrypted form: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
- acculoansAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 11:53 AM
Ok! so I'm happy the message did show up in my email. However I have two questions.
YOU RECEIVED AN ENCRYPTED RESPONSE
To securely view your form response click on the button below.
Why didn't i see a lock icon at the submit button?
When I pressed "view response" from my email, It was coded then 2-3 seconds it was uncoded. I didn't have to put the code it. It's like it the it uncoded automatically. Is this correct?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM
If you have the key already uploaded (installed on your browser), you will be able to view the submissions right away. Please take note that you can only view the submissions using that specific browser and that specific computer you are using.
An example would be that if you have uploaded the key on a Safari browser, you will not be able to see the submissions from a Firefox or others.
With regard to your concern about the lock icon at the submit button, this only appears on the old (classic) version of forms, the one with multiple questions in one page.
If you have other questions, please let us know.
- acculoansAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 12:59 PM
Thank you so much!
liyam & ashwin_d have been the only ones to answer my questions! Can you PLEASE check my form to assure that I'm in compliance?
Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 02:02 PM
Upon checking your form, it shows that the form encryption is properly in effect. I was not able to view your submissions page's contents and it asks me for the key in order to proceed. So it is safe to say that your form works.
Just a note: please keep your key and not lose it. Otherwise, you will not be able to view your submissions again. Also, please do not disable the encryption on your form. Even when you try to encrypt it again, the old key will not work anymore.
Feel free to let us know should you have additional questions.
- acculoansAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 02:06 PM
Thanks liyam: Is there something I could do for you to view my form? I just want to make sure I'm in total compliance.
I don't want anymore emails from Kathy. Thanks again.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 03:14 PM
Just to clarify my colleague Liyam said he cannot view your form submissions page. Because your submissions are encrypted. Not the form itself.
I checked your form and can verify:
1) You are using https (encrypted tunnel) to transport requests/responses
2) Your forms data is encrypted
3) You have a terms and conditions field
4) You have a signature field
So its looking good!
If you do have any further requirements let us know and we will help you.
- acculoansAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 03:16 PM
aubreybourke just to be clear... am I all good?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 12, 2018 at 04:02 PM
Yes, I believe so.