- brazil820Asked on February 08, 2011 at 05:12 PM
I have a complex form with many different options. When a user submits the form to me, I need it to only show what the user selected on the form, when they were filling it out, and not every single thing that I offer on my form.
Is this possible with JotForm, and if so, could someone tell me how I can do this?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 09, 2011 at 07:34 AM
Click on the Preferences icon and then check the box at the bottom that says "Auto Hide Empty Fields".
- brazil820Answered on February 09, 2011 at 01:01 PM
Hi There, thank you for answering! When I click on Preferences, I don't see the screen that you have.
I see this:
TitleCustom Order Form Themesform Font FamilyVerdana Font Size12 Font ColorBlack Question Spacing10 BackgroundClick to edit Form Width650 Label Width150 Label AlignmentLeft Highlight EffectEnabled Send Post DataNo Unique SubmissionNone StatusEnabled Inject Custom CSSClick to edit
What am I doing wrong?
- brazil820Answered on February 09, 2011 at 02:39 PM
Hi again, I am sorry, I figured out how to find preferences.
I have another problem though. I am testing out my form on my website and even though I have the option checked to auto hide the empty fields, when I receive a completed form, JotForm is still sending me EVERYTHING on my form, and not just what the customer filled out.
How do I make it so that the only things that get sent to my email from a completed form are the filled out items?
I need to be able to print out each of the completed forms that comes to me from my customers and with the way it is now, each new submitted form is about 5 pages long, since it sends me everything instead of just what the customer filled out.
I hope this makes sense. Thank you again.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 10, 2011 at 01:57 AM
It is not possible to do that on the emails.
Instead, replace everything on the email with a link to the Submissions page. So, you can click on it and then click on Print button on the Submissions page to print the latest submission in the format you want.
- brazil820Answered on February 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Hi again and thank you for all of your help!
Could you explain exactly how to go about replacing everything on the email with a link to the Submissions page? Where do I find a link to the Submissions page for each new submission?
Is this something that will automatically occur each time I receive a new submission, or will I have to go in and do this each time manually?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 11, 2011 at 09:54 AM
You will only need to do this once.
Open your form on the Form Builder and then:
1. Click on "Setup and Share" tab at the top toolbar,
2. Click on "Email Alerts",
3. Select "Notification",
4. Click on "Convert to Text Mode.
5. Select everything on the body of the email and replace it with this:
5. Finish and Save your form.