- vimlapwrAsked on January 17, 2018 at 08:58 AM
Can we create online application form with having user login ID for each applicant. So that applicant can login anytime and able to edit or upload the documents.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 17, 2018 at 10:49 AM
If you want to protect your form, you can use a text box field (name it access code or similar) and conditional logic to hide all other fields if the 'code' is not correct.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80164071446957
Access code - 12345
Feel free to test it.
You can create a different 'Access Code' for each of your users.
Inside of this guide, you can find how to allow your users to edit their submissions:
- rwaldenjrAnswered on January 17, 2018 at 04:15 PM
I've read varying work-around solutions from your colleagues. (See Ashwin's reply suggesting that passwords be emailed to users, but not used of forms. How does that work?!? https://www.jotform.com/answers/346610-membership-page-restrictions-can-I-use-my-form-to-generate-login-credentials; and see David's technique for using an accordion style collapse-field technique https://www.jotform.com/answers/1007823-How-can-I-create-a-password-and-login-form-with-security.)
So, I'm confused and still unclear about these three points:
1. What specific field names (labels) can be used without our forms being auto-disabled? You suggested using "access code", as opposed to "password". I've also read different opinions about the use of the words "keyword", and security code". Are there other safe word combinations we can use that won't flag your filters?
2. Is your demo the only way to "safely" go about this, or the best way? Or, is it just one way you selected for the purposes of this thread? Are there other "approved" methods?
3. What would you consider a safe strategy for implementing "access code" fields (beyond the mere setup for conditional logic), and how would we structure that as a process?
- Thanks for your insight
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on January 17, 2018 at 05:14 PM
We'll answer your questions on a separate thread here www.jotform.com/answers/1352817.