- kelsieAsked on January 17, 2018 at 04:56 PM
We're setting up a form with multiple inputs (multiple selection widget & dynamic text box). When the form submission is received, these inputs are stored on new lines in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to make them separate with a comma instead of a line break? Or is there a way to do this with the form calculation?
- kelsieAnswered on January 17, 2018 at 06:22 PM
Hi, I tried this based on another forum thread I read, but it's not imputting commas.
- MarvihAnswered on January 17, 2018 at 06:34 PM
Try adding comma on your form calculation.
It worked for me.
- kelsieAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 10:36 AM
It's still not working. It might be because we're using the multiple selection widget & dynamic text box.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 11:51 AM
You are correct. It is not working because you are using dynamic widgets. Unfortunately, there is not any way to separate the values that are entered inside of the dynamic widgets. If you want to separate them with a comma inside of an Excel file, you will have to do it manually.
The example my colleague provided you will work only with the basic fields.
- kelsieAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM
Thanks, this is very frustrating. Would be nice to be able to choose how to separate your values within these widgets.
- MarvihAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM
I understand how you feel, I will add this as a feature request and hopefully will get implemented soon.
Although we do not have definite timeframe or assurance it will be approved, we will give you an update once it will be on this thread.
Thank you for your understanding.