- annefarleyAsked on January 17, 2018 at 08:49 PM
I've developed a form for our billing adjustment and I want to record a status based the questions answered
This is the form
So for instance if the Adjustment details are completed but the investigation completed by is empty then the status of the field should be Under investigation.
Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 12:52 AM
Hi @annefarley - For us to better assist you, can you please answer the following questions:
1. What status are you referring to? Is that a field, because I don't see any field on your form that is named/labeled "status".
2. When you said "...then the status of the field should be Under investigation", did you mean you wanted to move a field from one section of the form to another? I'm afraid that isn't doable but you can show/hide fields conditionally.
3. The instance you provided where "if the Adjustment details are completed but the investigation completed by is empty then the status of the field should be Under investigation", is this the actual condition that needs to be accomplished or just an example? If it's just an example, can you describe the actual condition that needs to happen.
IF the Adjustment Details field is FILLED, THEN do these...
Basically, the more we understand your goal, the better we can tell if it's doable (and how to do it) or not. Just get back to us with a bit more info and a clearer description of what you're trying to do so we can better assist you.
- annefarleyAnswered on January 18, 2018 at 09:43 PMHi
I want to create a Status field – not currently on the form as I don’t know how to do it.
The status needs to progress over time as more information is entered into the form.
The field will initially be blank
· If the Adjustment details are completed but the investigation completed by field is empty then the status of the field should be updated to Under investigation
· If the Adjustment completed is filled then the status field should be updated to Awaiting Approval
· If the Approving Staff Member is filled then the status field then the status field should be updated to Approved
Does that help
M: 0427 642 659
A: Wesley House Project Office
A: GPO Box 967 Brisbane QLD 4001
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 01:06 AM
I'm afraid what you described is not doable. Although it's worth mentioning that we have a PROGRESS BAR WIDGET that is the closest match to what you need.
Related guide: How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
You can see this in action on this demo form https://www.jotform.com/61764205570959 It basically progresses as a user fills out fields of the form.
Alternatively, you can do this manually through a hidden field (e.g. a SHORT TEXT ENTRY or TEXTBOX field) that will conditionally receive a value (or a status) based on the conditions you setup. Your conditions are somehow conflicting though and since we don't have the complete picture, I drafted an example form that gives you this idea:
The key feature used here is CONDITIONAL LOGIC. I strongly recommend you read that guide and the ones I'm listing below.