- cyclesportivesukAsked on January 19, 2018 at 11:54 AM
I use square payment and now been starting to get an error message when submiiting to payment.
Field must not be greater than 60 length
Go Back and Fix
Please can you help.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 01:26 PM
Considering that your form has a live integration with Square I am unable to test it properly. When I tested the form with test credit card I received the error message Payment Error - Card declined.
I also cloned your form and I tested my cloned form in Test mode, but I was not able to replicate the issue there as well.
I found that we recently had the same issue with Square. The issue was resolved by our developers, but it seems that the issue re-occurred.
I will report your issue to our developers and we will inform you via this thread once this issue is resolved.
- cyclesportivesukAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 03:43 PMWhen will this be as really need a fix asap as we are getting multiple people saying they can pay which isn’t good for business. I am now having to transfer over to Braintree for payments
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 04:32 PM
We apologize for the ongoing issue. We currently don't have ETA on when this will get fixed. What I can assure you is that your report has been submitted to our L2 team for further review.
We will update this thread once we have more information. Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are hoping for your patience and kind understanding in the meantime.
- mkellykellyAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 04:46 PM
I am having same problem and submitted a request. This has happened before:
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on January 19, 2018 at 05:18 PM
We have already responded to your own thread here www.jotform.com/answers/1355342 and reported the issue to our L2 team.
We will let you know on the thread once we have update from our L2 team. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- macinbusinessAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 01:26 PM
I'm having the same issue, see attached. do you know when this will be fixed ?
- MarvihAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 02:25 PM
We have now escalated this to our development team.
We will give our response via this thread once we receive new updates.
- SAIadminAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 10:40 PM
I really don't think this is a Square issue or payment issue, my problem was solved by changing the width of the email field. We discovered this when 3 out of hundreds of people kept getting the error message, all of whom had long email addresses. One of them tried it with her husband's shorter email address and ta-da, no more error message. The payment was an error because the form didn't like the long email in a short field. It just didn't do a good job of explain where the error was happening.
- omurAnswered on January 22, 2018 at 01:08 AM
Thank you for the time you've taken to write us.
Your form was indeed hitting an error message of the Square API in some rare cases.
I've pushed an update to our code base that should prevent this error from happening again.
Could you please test your form to see if you're encountering this error?
We're looking forward to your reply.
If you have any further question, feel free to ask.
- cyclesportivesukAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 07:43 AMNo this is not fixed. We had someone today 23rd Jan get another error message.
When will this be fixed. It's costing us money and time.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- omurAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 09:00 AM
What is the exact error message?
I don't see any payment attempt in our logs for your form.
If you can kindly provide the message I'll be able to help you.
- cyclesportivesukAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 09:43 AMWe have had to change over to Braintree from square. So not to interrupt payment. I guess this is why it was working.
The error was exceed 60 characters.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- omurAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 09:59 AM
Please try your form once again, it should work without any problems with Square and with Braintree.
If you encounter any problems, feel free to write us.