- samhindi17Asked on January 21, 2018 at 01:37 PM
I am trying to make a service ticket submission system, I found every detail I need but I miss the enumeration (i.e to give a ticket number for the person submitting the ticket so we can follow up with him later).
Can you please help me with this?
thank you in advance.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 21, 2018 at 02:45 PM
Hello Sam - What you're describing can be achieved by using the Unique ID Widget. It allows you to generate a number, using your own preferred format, that will auto-increment on each submission.
You can then place this value on your AUTORESPONDER or THANK YOU PAGE so your users can see them after submitting the form. Or place it on your NOTIFICATION so you can see it on the emails you receive.
This was discussed in great detail on the article linked below.
Complete guide: How-to-Add-Custom-Unique-IDs-to-your-Form-Submissions
Give that a spin and let us know if you'd need more help.
- samhindi17Answered on January 21, 2018 at 05:43 PMThank you dear for the support!
I have tried the Unique ID feature (added it to my form) but it does not show for the Client so I tried to edit my Thank You! page, it appears (Thank you page) in the bottom of my form Build page and not in Settings page as mentioned in the Help Articles, anyways in Build Page, Thank You! section in the button can be customized but I couldn’t add the Unique ID Widget (Widget goes directly back to form when I try), the only thing you can do, is to change Logo and edit text, I tried to put (Unique ID:) as text in the section but also nothing changes.
Please help, I have finished my form and still missing this feature only!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on January 22, 2018 at 02:53 AM
You can put a Unique ID on the Thank you page, here is how:
1) Take the name of the Unique ID field:
2) Add the Unique ID to the Thank you page:
3) And this is how it works:
4) And here is how it would work in Autoresponder email:
Hope it helps.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- samhindi17Answered on January 22, 2018 at 04:43 AMThank you for the help, I am still unable to do it!
I have copied the Unique ID name (TypeA) in my case.
When I go for the Thank You form, I dont see the editing tools as in my screenshot, in addition my first page appears to be White all the time and shows no text unless you highlight it.
Thank you for any additional help.
PS. Unique ID is working perfectly via the email.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on January 22, 2018 at 06:00 AM
The field name of your Unique ID field is ticketNumber:
I added that to your Thank you page, and it is working fine:
Let us know how it worked for you.