- hatikvaAsked on January 23, 2018 at 08:13 AM
In the Jotforms integration with Mailchimp I have selected the List I want to integrate to in Mailchimp. Then I match the fields. I have one field called "Areas of Interest". This has 5 multiple choice options.
In Mailchimp I setup the "Areas of Interest" options in theList fields and *|MERGE|* tags
When I test the form to make sure it's integrating properly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems random and when I select more than one area of interest and submit form it also doesn't integrate.
Do you know why it is inconsistent?
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 09:55 AM
What I suggest you do is to add a Form Calculation field where all the choices of the user will be saved in one field. This way, the field matching should work.
1. Add a Form Calculation Widget field under the Area of Interest.
2. Set the field expression to Area of Interest A-Z. Click Add field then select the multiple choice element (Area of Interest). It will show as Area of Interest 0-9 first. Click on it to make the field get the text value of the multiple choice element. It should show as Area of Interest A-Z.
After this, you can make the field hidden and map this to the MailChimp Integration instead of the multiple choice field.
The integration should work properly now.
- hatikvaAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 10:04 AM
If I hide the field then it won't show up when I try to map it to the mailchimp integration.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM
No, it should still appear in the match dropdown field.
By the way, you are using a checkbox field in your form. Checkbox allows multiple selections.
While in your MailChimp form, you are using a radio button field which only allows single selection. Technically, they can be mapped in the integration but the checkbox can't be saved into a radio field when there are multiple options selected. This is probably the reason why it is not consistent.
You must replace the radio button field in your MC form with a checkbox field. Then in the integration window, check the "Let subscribers select their group" so the checkbox field from your MC form will be automatically created in your JotForm form.
If you have further questions, let us know.