- sstte18Asked on January 23, 2018 at 03:40 PM
Please help me finalize this form. The check/credit card totals are not calculating properly. I think it's b/c I need to add the calculate field condition for the journal ad field and the tax deductible donation field but it's not giving me the right options when I try to add it. Can you help?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 04:53 PM
Can you tell as what should be the correct calculation?
I test your form with the following data
and I got the following result for check or credit calculation.
from my test so far, it seems the calculation is working.
We will wait for your updated response.
- MelanieAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 05:14 PM
That total isnt right. It should be $145 x number attending plus $100 x number of raffles plus Journal ad choice plus tax deductible donation choice. Any of these 4 choices could be left blank.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 05:46 PM
Thank you for the explanation. Let me review further the calculations.
I will update you shortly.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 06:01 PM
Please review the Calculation formula for the Credit Card Total.
It has a different formula and it seems to be missing a closing bracket ")"
The Check Total has a correct calculation formula and is working as intended.
Let us know if still not resolve.
- sstte18Answered on January 23, 2018 at 06:10 PM
not working at all. If I select 1 person going, 1 raffle ticket and $1000 for each of the next 2 choices (journal ad and tax deductible donation), the total should be $2,245. Its $30,000+!!! Big difference.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 06:20 PM
Can you please share to us what is the correct formula for Credit Card Total.
We can do a test with a fresh formula on the test form. We just need to understand first what is the correct calculation formula.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 07:58 PM
When you provide the calculation values, the additional multiplication in the calculation formula is not required.
I have updated the formulas on your form.
Please re-check the form now. Thank you.
- MelanieAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 08:03 PM
Umm. This doesn’t make sense bc how does the form know that the first two fields r valued at $145 and $100?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 02:11 AM
Those are automatically fetched from the field calculation value so there's no need to define it twice.
Example: If the user selects 2 Adults, it is not 2 that will be passed in the calculation, it is the 290
- MelanieAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 06:38 AM
Thx. Did u add those values? I didn’t know those were there. It works now.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 10:38 AM
Based on the conversation above, it seems that the Calculation Values of the field were already set even before we assisted you in this thread. Nevertheless, we are glad to know that the form now works on your end and we appreciate you giving us an update.