- capconnectAsked on January 23, 2018 at 04:49 PM
Hi, despite the cell having options - these don't show or drop down when filling put form for th
"Typical Investment size" question in form below
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 05:56 PM
I don't see any option on your "Typical Investment size" Dropdown field.
I have cleared your Form Cache for now, can you please check again and add the dropdown options .
- capconnectAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 06:43 PMI have added several times but then it disappears. Will try again.
- capconnectAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 06:43 PMHi, have just re-added the options and tried the form again . It still won’t show the drop down function. See attached pictures. Are you able to reinsert and try?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 23, 2018 at 08:20 PM
I cloned your form to test it on my end. I can see that the drop-down field is blank. I added some options and it was successful. Please check the screen capture of my test:
I cleared your form cache on our server. Please try to edit the dropdown field again. If the issue still persists, please contact us again.
- capconnectAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 04:43 AMHi John,
This issue is still not resolved. I have deleted the field and re-created it by duplicating another field in the same form which does work.
Have input options again. Screen shot below. Once I refresh screen, the options disappear again and aren’t saved.
Can we please fix asap as my form has been delayed 24 hours now and must go out this morning.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 09:30 AM
I have been checking your form and it seems like you were able to add the options:
If the problem persists, please provide us the screenshots following this guide (images attached on email responses will not reach this threaed): https://www.jotform.com/help/438-How-to-Post-Screenshots-to-Our-Support-Forum
- capconnectAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 09:43 AMWhat we had to do was take out <1M from the options and then it worked. It doesn’t like “<”sign it seems. Is there a way around this?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM
I think this is because the wizard thinks it's HTML code, if you add the option like "<1M" all will be removed, but if you add it as "< 1M" with a space right after the sign then it will work, I think this validation has been implemented in order to avoid malicious code to be used on the builder.
I hope this helps.
- capconnectAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 11:43 AMI think that was the culprit. Have noted for future reference. Have no idea what a HTML code is much less be able to write one !