- mattnewman46Asked on January 24, 2018 at 10:39 AM
Not sure if this is a long shot but I was looking into a way of adding in a double opt in for a competition form entry from an auto responder email.
Because the form I am looking at creating is aimed at a younger audience there's a requirement for parental approval on entries. Ideally the parents email address would be supplied, in which the auto responder would go to. The parent would then click on a link in the email to approve entry. This would then set flag against the original entry saying it was approved.
I've done some tests and the best solution I can find is to use the E-mail Validator Widget which forwards a code that then get pasted back into the form in order to complete. This is ok but requires instance action which means loss of original data.
Don't know if you can help or suggest possible options.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 24, 2018 at 11:52 AM
1) First add a single choice field. Label it as "Approval" and configure it to have two options: "Approved" and "Denied".
2) Then you can use an edit link in the autoresponder to access the approval.
3) Then you can use the get page URL widget to show the approval field only if the current URL contains the word "edit". Add the widget then setup a show/hide condition like so:
Here's a working example (submit your email, open it, and click on edit submission)
- mattnewman46Answered on January 25, 2018 at 04:43 AMThank you so much for reply, I’ll give this a go.