- Gabrielle DesVaux-SaxtonAsked on January 25, 2018 at 08:57 PM
I am unable to sign in to my Jotform account. It says "Login - Suspended". Can you tell me why and let me know how I can un-suspend my account? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 10:36 PM
You have been suspended because of the Social Security Number field in your form. In this form https://www.jotform.com/form/52396374865166.
Therefore, when you do request SSN, our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account, or our Staff will manually perform this, if your account is on paid status, you should get a notification about it.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you.
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
This is a friendly reminder of best practices while using our platform. In no way we want, to interfere with your business. So please be aware that if this form is (OR these forms are ) not removed or modified by you, it can or could be removed either by one of our representatives or by the automated phishing detector system, causing the suspension of your account.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 10:39 PM
I have copy/pasted our guidelines for collecting SSN. I have reactivated the account, but I have deleted the said field. Please check the guidelines. If you do not meet any of them, I'd suggest asking your customers this information through Phone or Email, not in the form to avoid auto suspension.