- guest_22756592601052Asked on October 06, 2012 at 05:32 PM
that is, if you are looking for a phone number with area code, can the form check that the phone field is properly entered even if the phone number is possibly incorrect? force xxx-xxx-xxxx? make sure all x's are numbers?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 06, 2012 at 06:25 PM
Although our phone fields don't currently have number validation (possibly to allow end users the opportunity of entering word equivalents), there are a couple of alternatives at your disposal:
* Replace the default phone field with a single text box, embed a copy of the form's source into a webpage and add a script to force correct entry, as demonstrated here. (Try entering letters in the phone field :)
Please let us know if you wish to pursue either of these methods and we'll see how best we can assist you.
- guest_22756592601052Answered on October 06, 2012 at 09:59 PM
phone was just an example. i'm trying to find out if there is validation available. i also want ot know if there are conditionals. that is, can the fields i display be contingent on the answer to earlier fields? simple example - i ask for cc type and they answer amex so i display xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx instead of expecting xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx for all other ccs.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 06, 2012 at 10:44 PM
If you are asking for Debit/Credit Card validation then it is not possible in Jotform. We also do not allow fields that is asking for Debit/Credit Card manually, you can use any of our payment forms for this matter.