- preshsjoAsked on January 29, 2018 at 12:51 PM
I have a form that shows properly on the "mobile preview" while on my desktop, but when I use my actual phone to view the form, it is NOT actually mobile friendly. I have to scroll across to read each paragraph and search for where the entry fields may be.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on January 29, 2018 at 02:23 PM
I have tested your form on my mobile device and it fits properly to my screen.
May we know what mobile device you are using and the browser?
- JoleneAnswered on January 29, 2018 at 05:25 PM
It's an iPhone 6s with Safari. It worked fine on Opera from a Samsung, but not my iPhone.
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on January 29, 2018 at 07:00 PM
I've tried viewing your form using an emulator for iPhone 6s but I'm unable to replicate the issue.
Can you please send us a screenshot of what you see on your browser compared on what you see on your iPhone 6s device?
Let us know if you have any questions or if you need further assistance.
- preshsjoAnswered on January 29, 2018 at 07:10 PM
Hmm... How strange. I'm glad that it's working for you. That means that it might be working for clients as well. I just tried it again on my cell phone in safari and still have the same issue. :/
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 29, 2018 at 10:35 PM
I checked the website using iPhone 6s plus in Safari browser and I was able to replicate the issue. Please try re-embedding the form using the iFrame Method. Here's the guide that you can follow: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
Let us know how it goes. Thank you.