- itgimelbAsked on January 30, 2018 at 05:43 AM
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 09:33 AM
I did check your form's submission PDF editor and it is taking time to load and that is the reason why it appears blocked.
I am unable to check the reason since the page load is not getting completed. Please let us know what changes you want to make in the PDF template and we will take a look and report it to our backend team.
We will wait for your response.
- itgimelbAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 04:51 PM
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, we the site is always blocked for us. Basically we would like to delete the current PDF report and create a new one with:
- Submission Date
- If we don't fill or select a field, they don't have to appear in the report.
- Left column with tittles and right column with information/pictures/attachments, all with uppercase.
* The reason why we want to delete and create one again is because it is showing lots of old fields that we deleted or modified, maybe with a new template they will disappear.
I have attached an example how we created the last PDF: https://ufile.io/oq1vm
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 06:28 PM
I see that you managed to delete the existing PDF report. I checked, and it's no longer there. Please try going to the submissions page again, and customize the PDF. Let us know if the issue persists.
Note that to hide the unanswered fields, you need to check the Auto Hide Empty Fields in the submissions page settings, see screenshot below:
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 05:35 PM
I can't follow your instructions. The page is blocked once I open the PDF editor. Would be better if you first check/activate the auto hide empty fields. Something is wrong there because you said that the PDF is no longer there and I can still see it.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 05, 2018 at 07:42 PM
I created a quick screencast on how to disable the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" option.
1. In the My Forms page, select the form and click the Submissions button.
2. In the Submissions page, click the Gear icon and disable the Auto Hide Empty Fields.
Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 03:07 AM
Hi, I tried again and it was still blocked. Could you help me please to delete the form we have? Otherwise we will not use it as it is blocked/broken. Thanks
- itgimelbAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 03:09 AM
You need to log in my account and try to open the PDF editor, it will be blocked. Something from the JotForm technical end is wrong.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 04:40 AM
I was able to replicate the issue you reported when I try to open PDF Designer page on your account. The page will not fully load and it will become unresponsive.
I was able to replicate the same issue with my cloned form. The issue is most likely related to the size of your form. The form has more than 600 fields.
I will report this issue to our developers and we will inform you via this thread once this issue is resolved.
Considering that you said "* The reason why we want to delete and create one again is because it is showing lots of old fields that we deleted or modified, maybe with a new template they will disappear.", for now, I can only suggest you to clone your form, remove the old fields and then try to create a PDF report in your new form. Try to remove as many fields as possible, because the size of your form is most likely related to the issue with the PDF Designer.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 05:40 AM
Thanks for your answer and great that you are going to talk in house about the problem. Your suggestion is ok but we will appreciate if you help us to delete the PDF report for us and we will create another one again. The problem is that we can't even clone it, it is always blocked. If you clone the the form the PDF report is cloned too.
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 07:09 AM
I have logged into your account and tried accessing the PDF designer however it was causing my browser to crash. I think this is the same problem you are experiencing.
As my colleague has stated above I have seen she has escalated the issue to our Level 2 Support team for the issue to be analyzed and resolved. We will update you on this thread once the issue has been resolved.
Our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 03:22 AM
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 04:43 AM
We have just received "Hello?' in your last post.
Please note that we have not received any update form our backend team. I am sending a note to the assigned developer. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update on this.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 17, 2018 at 04:32 PM
could you please delete the PDF form for me?
this discussion about a problem that doesn’t let us buy a plan with you and also use the functionality (you can have a look that we have invested a lot of time creating this form) was created 20 days ago.
It’s important for us to start.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 17, 2018 at 07:54 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue? To post a screenshot here in the Support Forum, please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/438-How-to-Post-Screenshots-to-Our-Support-Forum
The screenshot would help us to assist you better.
Could you please delete the PDF form for me?
If you're referring to the PDF Designer, there's no option to delete the custom PDF design. You can only delete fields you do not want to show on your PDF.
- itgimelbAnswered on February 18, 2018 at 03:15 AM
thanks for answering. My mistake, I would time to ask your help and reset the PDF design from your end. That will help us a lot. We can’t do it because the page it’s blocked.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 18, 2018 at 08:14 AM
You can actually delete the customized PDF report or PDF Design in your form. As of this writing, there's no PDF design in the form (80233392103445) referred in your first post anymore so I presume this particular question is resolved? This was also mentioned by Welvin on his reply.
Anyway, here's a guide on how to delete the PDF Design for your reference.
1. While on My Forms page, select the form
2. Click Reports button on top
3. Click the trash icon to delete the custom PDF report or PDF Design
- itgimelbAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 03:30 PM
Hello, Unfortunately I can’t make any change on the PDF because there is an error with the system and the page gets blocked/freezes. Could you please reset the PDF design (I want to design it again) from your end by accessing my account? Please?
I know how to do it, I have been working with JotForm for more than 3 years. It’s just your help due to the system error.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 05:01 PM
Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused to you.
I have just tried to reset your PDF report's layout and I experienced the same issue. I will ask if anyone can access and reset it for you. I can also see the ticket opened on our second level due to this issue, we will keep you updated via this thread.