- Strategy1stAsked on January 30, 2018 at 01:06 PM
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 02:21 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
1) Please note that the specified email notification recipients will not get the emails since you have a configured email condition.
2) The issue could be also related to the SMTP sender settings. Please make sure that your SMTP settings are correct.
You may also temporarily switch to our default email@example.com sender to test the email delivery.
- Strategy1stAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 02:23 PM
OK, but why isn't the user who fills out the form receiving a confirmation summary email like we set up?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 03:23 PM
This should be related to your SMTP sender. For example, wrong SMTP settings specified at JotForm, or blocked connections by your SMTP host (from our system to your SMTP).
- Strategy1stAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 03:55 PM
OK, I updated our SMTP details and it's still not working. Can someone at JotForm be able to conference call with me and the client's IT manager?
Please let me know a time as soon as you can.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 04:24 PM
I am sorry, but we do not offer support over the phone.
The emails seems to be fine with the standard sender now.
You may also create some test form to test the SMTP sender. To get an idea on this we have a guide about using Gmail / G Suite SMTP senders at JotForm:
- Strategy1stAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 04:52 PM
OK, we have the SMTP credentials working but the email we receive when someone fills out the from: Customer Name [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]. Why is email@example.com being referenced as the user's email address?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 06:55 PM
I would recommend you to select a reply to email address on your email wizard, otherwise a JotForm address will be configured there:
I hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 08:13 PM
Since the last issue is related to another matter I moved it to another thread, we will assist you as soon as possible here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1367595