- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAsked on January 31, 2018 at 11:36 AM
My form 52745887899988 has radio buttons for selecting Province.
When selected, a drop down of clubs appears for the province with an OTHER option.
If Other is selected a new input appears "Other Club" and it becomes the required field. If for some reason the user decides to select different province, the new drop-down appears along with "Other Club" input and it is still the required field with nothing selected in the new drop-down.
How do I prevent this, using logic, and have the Other Club field become hidden again.
Appreciate the help, Regards, Robert
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 31, 2018 at 12:42 PM
I believe I understand what you are referring to. If you want to clear and hide once again conditionally hidden fields, set "Clear hidden fields" to "Clear on hide":
This way, when the condition is no longer met, the Other field will be cleared and hidden once again.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 09:22 AM
No, this option did not hide the field, but comes closer.
Now, if for example, I choose BC then choose * Other * the Other Club field appears.
If I then choose AB the the Other Club field still shows.
If I choose BC again the Other Club field hides.
I can now choose AB without the Other Club showing.
What I'm looking for,
When BC & *Other * is selected so the Other Club field shows,
then AB is selected the Other Club hides right away.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 09:48 AM
So, you would like to show "Other Club" field only if the field "BC Clubs" is equal to "Other"? If that is correct, please calibrate your condition from this:
So, if that condition is not met, that field will remain hidden.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 09:53 AM
I want this to occur for any selection.
So I write a condition for each of the provinces club lists and not for all at once. Is that it?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 10:06 AM
Then leave the condition like that, because it is okay. I just tested your form, and the "Other club" field hides if the selection in any of those fields is different than "Other":
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 10:12 AM
OK, your doing something slightly different then the way I test.
After selecting Other, You go back and select a club before changing to a new province. That hides the Other Club field right away.
Try this, select AB then Other, now without selecting a club change to BC.
What I believe is happening is that AB is still set to other.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 10:34 AM
I don't see any problem with your conditions. Its doing exactly what its supposed to do. If any club is equal to "other" then the short text field appears to capture the name of the other club.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 10:43 AM
Hi, I agree this works exactly as it should, this is not the issue, try this;
1. Select any province radio box.
2. Select * Other * from the drop-down list.
3. Other Club field appears.
4. Now select a different province radio box.
5. Most times but not all, the Other Club field is still showing, it should now be hidden.
6. Now go back to previous province selection, Other Club field is now hidden. you can now make a new province selection.
I hope that clears it up. TNX, Robert
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 11:04 AM
I'm afraid that's not the case for me. It seems to be working perfectly.
I have cleared your forms cache.
Please try again.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 11:29 AM
Wait I see the issue now. Sometimes it still shows other when switching to a new club.
And it almost works with the clear on being hidden setting.
I will escalate the issue to Level 2 support. They will take a look at it and notify you of any progress on this thread.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 12:19 PM
OK, Great... thought I might be seeing things, you almost had me convinced.
TNX, Regards, Robert
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 12:42 AM
It seems to be a cache issue on the form. It should be fixed by rebuilding the conditions. Can you try editing each part of that show/hide condition by choosing a different field and then re-selecting it to the proper field and setting it to show the other field after selecting other?
If you need assistance, please let us know.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 12, 2018 at 12:55 PM
I can't say when I might be able to do this. No one has complained and unless I get some, I don't want to mess with it. Feel free to clone it and do the testing.
Thank you for the feed back.
Best regards, Robert
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 12, 2018 at 01:03 PM
So, if have not received complains about your form, does it mean that conditions are working as expected? Please note that we sent a report to our back-end team, so let us know if this report should be cancelled, since the form is now working.
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:04 PM
No this is not resolved, you need only try it yourself.
It's just I haven't had any feedback that it is not working properly because the "Other" option may never be used. The drop down lists should be uptodate. It is a just in case option. If a name is entered, it will be added to the dropdown.
Also, If someone should use it, it is very unlikely that they would change to another province. So for this particular form I'm not concerned as the odds are in favour of it not occuring.
So to be clear, it is not resolved, I just thought you might like to know what can happen.
If you don't think it has any merit, by all means cancel the report. If it comes up as an issue with my users, I can always resubmit.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:12 PM
The report remains open, as we do care, and want it to be fixed. Unfortunately, there is no time-frame for a solution from our development team. You will be updated by one of our developers via this thread if there is any progress on fixing this issue.