- westfordacademyAsked on January 31, 2018 at 02:56 PM
I successfully cloned a previous URL to a new form and everything works fine except for the voice recording part. I can record and hear my recording and submit but, when I go to the doc I am using to save submissions, I am unable to listen to the recording link. What I am doing wrong? I have used both Google doc and Excel with no success and I use Chrome as my default. Help!
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 31, 2018 at 04:04 PM
1) The URL in Excel or Google Docs is a relative URL:
2) You need the absolute URL:
3) You can use the Excel replace function to add the missing part of the relative URL:
- westfordacademyAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 08:07 AM
Thanks for the quick response! So I am working on a Mac and when I clicked on the absolute URL link, it prompted iTunes? Is there a certain app I need to download? Sorry, this is where I am a little computer illiterate. Looking at the above, I am not sure if those are my three options or if I need to do all of the above for it to work?
Sorry, I am trying to get this running as quick as possible to inform students of the launch of this program next Wednesday.
I really appreciate your help.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on February 01, 2018 at 09:05 AM
The audio recordings are saved in a ".wav" format. Excel or Google Spreadsheet cannot play audio files by default, so, that is why iTunes is opening when you click the audio file link.
If you are having problems opening the files with iTunes, try opening them with Quick Time Player.
1. Select the WAV file by clicking on it in a Finder window. Click on the Finder’s File menu and select “Get Info.” This displays a window containing information about the file.
2. Click the triangle next to the section titled, “Open With.” This opens a window containing a list of programs.
3. Scroll through the list and select “Quicktime.” Close the window.
4. Double-click the WAV file. Your MacBook automatically starts Quicktime and plays the file.
Let us know if you need further help.