- deangraphiqueAsked on October 08, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Not receiving the submitted email through to me email address.
Test message is generated but also does not come through to my email adress.
I can see the messages in my forms.
I think I have the email notification set up properly as I have checked set up in other forms I have set up with Jotform.
Is my email being blocked? It's not in my junk email box in Safari.
Thanks for your help, Dean Tatro
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:10 PM
From what I can see, your email is in our bounce list but I have removed it.
Result: email@example.com is IN the bounce list
Reason(s) : 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 554-'5.7.1 Message (33956-44364) appears = to be unsolicited - totalscore for 220.127.116.11 (903) higher than Penalt= yExtreme (500)'
Please try to Test your email again now to see if it is working again and let us know.
- deangraphiqueAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:20 PMHi there,
How did I get on the bounce list?
- deangraphiqueAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:27 PMI have tested and the email is generated in the Jotform system but is still not coming through to my email address.
- deangraphiqueAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 06:31 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 08, 2012 at 07:06 PM
Your mail server rejected the message from us, so that your email was added to the bounced list. However, this is not an issue for now.
As far as I ca see, your Email Notification is configured to use user's email as a Sender E-mail address. That may lead to some blocks from your mail server due to 'fake' sender email.
I would like to recommend you to configure your Email Notification to use real sender:
1. Log into your JotForm account and go to My Forms section.
2. Select the form and click on "Edit".
3. Click on "Setup and Embed" tab on the form builder toolbar.
4. Click on "Email Alerts" and select "Notification".
5. Click on "Reply-To and Recipient Settings" button (third from the right along the bottom).
Sender E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You can use user's email as Reply-to Email.
7. Click "Finish" button.
Then, re-check your email delivery. If you would like to mark this thread as private or any other assistance, please let us know.